Modern Infrastructure as a Driver of the Urban Economy Conference report
On July 11, 2018, Moscow investment conference "Modern infrastructure as a driver of the urban economy” was successfully held in Ritz Carlton, Singapore. It was organized by the Moscow Government and the Russian Asian Business Union. The conference was devoted to advanced solutions in various sectors of urban management with a special emphasis on environmental problems. The speakers presented practical strategies to solve problems in megacities such as transport, provision of clean and solar energy and the use smart outdoor surveillance cameras. They also spoke about financing options for innovative developments and various other issues.
The opening of the investment conference started with the welcoming speech from Sergey Cheremin - Minister of the Government of Moscow, Head of the Department for Foreign Economic and International Relations of the City of Moscow.
The following speakers delivered the key theses on urban management:
- Eddie Razak, Lee Kuan Yew Fellow of Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy;
- Simon Hansen, Director of Regions, С40;
- Rob Khoo, VP, Marketing & Communications, Sunseap Group;
- Jon Carlo Olivio, Senior Urban Planner, POMEROY STUDIO;
- Dr Abhijit Shanbhag, CEO, Graymatics-SG Pte Ltd;
- Kenny Ng, Director of Global Investment, Inventis Investment Holdings;
- Gina Heng, Co-Founder and CEO of Marvelstone Group, Founding Partner of Lattice80, Founder of Miss Kaya.
Tatyana Sheremetieva, the CEO of the Russian Asian Business Union, moderated the session.
At the end of the conference, the guests communicated with each other in an informal atmosphere.
We would like to draw your attention that Asian investors have a great interest in Russian economy, by investing and developing projects within the Russian Federation. This investment conference showed once again that this interest is growing and increasing every year.
Russian Asian Business Union acts as a bridge between the two world economy markets, providing services in launching and developing business from the initial stage, both in Asia and the Russian Federation.