Deep-water versatile seaport in the Republic of Karelia
The project provides the development of versatile deep-water seaport in the Republic of Karelia.
The main objective of the project is elimination of deficiency of export port capacities in the Russian northwest.
Prerequisites of the project development:
- Optimum arrangement of port, intersection of internal and international overland routes and waterways in large transport and logistic hub;
- The remained infrastructure of fish port with ready moorings for heavy-tonnage vessels;
- Close location to railway infrastructure of JSC "Russian Railways";
- Year-round navigation (ice conducting during the winter period);
- High qualification of port workers and employees from adjacent settlements;
- Rather low cost of possession of the earth and natural resources in the region of the port location;
- Steady increase in world consumption of coal, from 3 555, 0 MTOE in 2010 to 3 881, 8 MTOE in 2014 (BP Statistical Review of World Energy, 2011-2015);
- Urgent need of existence of modern deep-water port in the Arctic basin of Russia that will allow refusing the transportation of coal trough the Baltic States.
Stages of the project implementation:
1. Preparatory stage:
- Design and exploration of the scope;
- Signing the contracts on supply of equipment, installation and construction works.
2. Investment stage:
- Dredging works;
- Construction of facilities of sea trade port and the corresponding infrastructure;
- Opening the port for vessels.
3. Operational stage:
- Adjustment of processing equipment;
- Designing capacity to transfer freights;
- Further development of the port.
Key parameters of the project:
1. First stage of the port:
- The specialized coal terminal – 8 million tons per year;
- A universal loading and unloading complex (forest and general freights) – 1 million tons per year;
- A tourist complex to serve cruise liners;
- Estimated cost – 14 011,54 million rubles (€198,3 million).
2. Second stage of the port:
- The specialized coal terminal – 7 million tons per year;
- A universal loading and unloading complex – 1 million tons per year.
Resources to implement the project:
- Contracts of intent with coal suppliers - 10 million tons per year;
- Contracts of intent with traders – 1,5 million tons per year;
- Contract with a travel company;
- The volume of the signed contracts for trasportation – €75,6 million.
Transport availability of the project:
- Northern Sea Route;
- Belomoro-Baltiysky channel;
- St. Petersburg-Murmansk federal highway;
- St. Petersburg-Murmansk railway road;
- West-East railway road is under the construction;
- Gas pipeline of the Shtokman field.
Financial performance of the project:
- Annual revenue – €83 million;
- EBITDA – €19,2 million;
- A payback period – 8,5 – 10 years.
The funds needed to finance the project is 38117,25 million rubles (€539,5 million).
- Estimated cost at an investment stage of the project – 14011,54 million rubles (€198,3 million)
- Reinvestments at an operational stage of the project to maintain the design capacity of the seaport – 24105,70 million rubles (€341,2 million).
Connect with us If you have any questions or suggestions, please write or call us.